I’m such a follower. Obviously, this doesn’t actually require iTunes, and could be applied to any music library.
Sort by song title; first and last? From “…To Die For” by Hans Zimmer from The Lion King soundtrack to “Zombie” by The Cranberries. Ignoring non-letter-initial songs, the first would be “A Boy Like That” by Stephen Sondheim from Side by Side by Sondheim.
Sort by time; shortest and longest? From “The End of the Talking!” by the VeggieTales from A Very Veggie Christmas to “Vice Presidential Debate” by Dick Cheney and John Edwards from 2004 Presidential Debates. Ignoring the spoken word, the longest would be “Presto – Allegro Assai – Andante Maestoso – Allegro Energico, Sempre Ben Marcato” by Ludwig van Beethoven from The 9th Symphony in D Minor, Op. 125. I was kind of hoping that “Star Trek: Conversational Klingon” would come up as the longest. Maybe I should delete the debates…
Sort by album title; first and last? From Moby’s 18 to Kenny Loggins’ Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
Top five most played songs?
- “Radio Ga Ga” by Queen (25)
- “Imaginary” by Evanescence (24)
- “Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix)” by Rob D (24)
- “Special” by Garbage as arranged and sung by Stanford Mixed Company (24)
- “Jerry Springer” by “Weird Al” Yankovic (23)
Search for sex; how many songs show up? 1
- “Sexy Sadie” by The Beatles
Search for death; how many songs show up? 3
- “Judas’ Death” from Jesus Christ Superstar
- “Come to Me (Fantine’s Death)” from Les Misérables
- “Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix)” by Rob D
Search for love; how many songs show up? 122
From “A Heart Full of Love” from Les Misérables to “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away” by The Beatles, a total of just under 8 hours. I guess that means that love accounts for approximately one twenty-fourth of my music library…
“I Heard It Through The Grapevine” from Chronicle, Volume I by Creedence Clearwater Revival