Finally got around to organizing my sticker collection that’s been accumulating for a few years and applying them to my newer work-issued 16″ MacBook Pro.
Compared to my previous 2015 13″ MacBook Pro, the stickers are much less work-oriented. The main vibes are podcasts and veganism. Here’s the key of what all these stickers are:
- While we don’t call them departments, this is the old logo for mine: five related AWS security services.
- Assorted colored D20 stickers from Storymakers Trading Company that were a Kickstarter bonus.
- Zoncon, a mostly internal computer security conference that includes a Capture the Flag event that my team usually participates in
- Radiotopia, a favorite podcast network featuring a favorite show, 99% Invisible. I got these meeting some of the hosts at PodCon.
- A few advocacy stickers about veganism from a favorite clothing and accessories brand, Herbivore, located in Portland.
- Pouring one out for a pandemic casualty Highline Bar, a favorite vegan bar and concert venue. Their kitchen menu lives on at Georgetown Liquor Company south of the city.
- SAAR is our security data science team that is primarily located in New York City. They’re hiring!
- The retired podcast Better Know A Jackal, a series of interviews by Mike B of fans of 5by5 podcasts. I was on an episode years ago.
- The breakfast podcast Most Important Meal by Bostonians Brian and Truj, whom I had the fun of meeting at PodCon.
- A quote from Bilbo Baggins from the end of The Lord of the Rings when, as a ringbearer, he is about to leave the Grey Havens for the Undying Lands. This sticker was another Kickstarter bonus from Storymakers Trading Company.
- The logo of Amazon Employees for Climate Justice, an internal group organizing for better corporate practices.
- The outline of The Spheres, and architecturally iconic feature of Amazon HQ.
- Representing the 2019 Global Climate Strike, which we’re going to have to keep doing until our leaders take action on climate.
- Twitch logo
- VLCNR, a joke startup from the podcast Bonanza that references the James Bond film You Only Live Twice.
- A gold Apple sticker from Andrle’s recent MacBook acquisition.
- The pixelated classic Mac icon for Hypercritical, my entry point into the world of podcasts courtesy of John Siracusa.
- Let’s Roll sticker featuring a D20 designed by someone going by Captain Har Har.
A good long overdue weekend project. Of course no one at work will be seeing these across a conference table for many more months! ?