A Productive Day

So today, Fritz and I started off by putting a big list of everything we need to do up on the chalkboard in the mural room. There’s a lot of stuff to do in the next week, but a lot of it is just bug fixes or minor feature enhancements. As it is right now, we’ve got robots that can move around, and an interface that can control them.

Mostly we need to make some speed improvements to everything. The joystick is very responsive, as is the range sensor display. Unfortunately, the video is still very slow. It takes somewhere between 100 and 200 milliseconds to completely refresh the screen. I think part of the culprit is zooming the display up to a higher resolution; I’m going to try to keep the video small. I’m also going to mess around with my surface blitting code to see if I can make it any faster.

Anyways, it’s been another great project, and I think we’re going to have some really cool papers coming out of all of our work!

Nurd Up!